Thursday, November 20, 2008

no title for it

Once upon a sunny day
As I lay upon the hay

I watched the clouds drift by
In their journey across the sky

I fell asleep, when I do not know
Something wet feel from the sky, snow?

I opened my eyes and saw the hay red
The sight alone filled me with dread

A stranger with a crimson stained knife
The corpse beside him, he had already taken a life

Disguised in a hood of midnight black on his head
His eyes filled with fire, burning red

My heart raced and my adrenalin rushed
As I tried to stand my windpipe was crushed

His hand on my throat, his knife at his side
Nowhere to go and nowhere to hide

The fire from the torch, the only light
As day passed to night

I lose all hope, to death I am going
Losing consciousness as my air stops flowing

Still and cold I feel at peace
Yet the nightmare refuses to cease

I awake, someone’s shaking me
Shocked I’m still breathing, didn’t he kill me?

To a tree I’m tied
My fear is rising but my nerves are fried

The stranger sits calmly observing me
My blood boils, twisting my wrists against the rough bark of the tree

He slowly walks over, his knife in tow
His intentions I do not know

His hand rests on the side of my face
He smiles at me, wrath gone without a trace

No comments: